Saturday, July 17, 2010

A girl came and visited me

Last weekend Sarah was able to come visit me for a few days. I surprised her by taking her to the Pine Knoll Shore's Aquarium. It wasn't the most extravagant one I have I ever been too, but at $8 per person, it was well worth it.

The rest of the pictures are from downtown New Bern. Does it remind you of a Nicholas Sparks book? Well, that's because he lives there and most of his novels are based on this area. Weird!? We walked around downtown for a while before having a fantastic dinner at The Chelsea. We only had burgers, but I promised myself to go back sometime and eat a real dinner. The Seafood Filet would have satisfied my appetite, but would have came in at about $32 (Filet Mignon stuffed with Lobster and Crab Meat). 

I really love my new camera and can't resist taking pictures of almost everything so be prepared to keep seeing more. This might turn into more of a photography blog more than anything else. 

Camp is almost over and I am soaking in the last 2 weeks before a great vacation to Florida and the relaxing weeks before starting school. Summer is beginning to dwindle away and I am ready for normalcy, but not for papers and exams. Oh well.

Sarah really liked the Shark tank a lot!


and the Jellyfish, They are her favorite

I think she just realized that I take lots of pictures and that she is now going to be a model

This is from 2 weeks ago out at the Eno River

1 comment:

  1. Fun stuff! I know it's after midnight, but that seafood filet sounds soooo good right now. As does a burger. Glad you guys had a good visit! New Bern is a nice little town (city).

    ReplyDelete