Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Duke Arts Festival Submissions


So, I have decided to enter two pieces of photography to the Duke Arts Fesitval. After a lot of thought, in the midst of two mid-terms, I have decided to enter these two pieces. The first, I obviously used photoshop to create an effect, which I don't generally like, but have come to terms with because I think that it really does justice to the picture enlivens the scene. 

The second, I haven't completely decided but will most likely be the one below the lake picture. I have been pressured to submit it, so we will see how things go. They will both be on display in the Bryan Center from Oct. 22 - Nov. 7. I hope you get to check out all of the work that has been done. I don't expect to win anything, but figured it was worth a shot and it will be a chance to get my photography framed.

Also, the first picture was taken at Navajo Lake in Utah, near Bryce Canyon National Park right after sunset. The person by the lake is my friend Christine who I spent the summer working with. The picture was taken with a measly Canon SD 870 IS.

The 2nd picture was taken about 1.5 months ago with my Canon EOS Rebel T1i with a 50mm lens, 3.2 aperture, 1/60 exposure at my friend Don and Amy's house. Picture is Don trying to be funny, but in effect created an awesome background. 

Hope you enjoy and wish me luck








No comments:

Post a Comment