Friday, May 15, 2009

The beginning of a journey

Well, I am leaving tomorrow morning at 5 am sharp, hopefully. I really have to though, so I have been told, because I am going to a worship service tomorrow night in Nashville w/ Nancy that she neglected to tell me about. It should be interesting because she called to tell me about and warned me that it will be fairly charismatic, so that should be fun. Then our plans are to go and see a late night viewing of Angels and Demons. I think tomorrow is going to be the longest day of my life.

I can't wait to get on the road. It is going to be a long journey and I am still pretty nervous about being in Bryce Canyon, but I have never driven across country and am excited to see everything. My goal is to document as much as possible with pictures and journal as well so that I won't forget anything.

Tomorrow will be the hardest drive because I am going all the way to Nashville which is about 12 hours from Lakeland. I am staying with Nancy, who I grew up next door to and is basically my sister (not kidding). I haven't seen her in forever and can't wait to spend some time with her. After that I will be off to Kansas City, MO to stay the night with my dad's sister and that will be about a 9 hour drive. The my last stop before Bryce will be in Denver to stay with some of my dad's cousins. It is really nice that I have nice comfortbale places to stay and will hopefully get free dinners as well. If anyone has any advice of cools things to see along that route please let me know. I plan on taking my time going through the Rockies because I have always wanted to drive through them and can't wait.

I really need to go to bed now because tomorrow morning is going to come early. Please keep me and my truck in my prayers. Thanks Mom and Dad for helping me out with new shocks and belts and helping me get all packed up to go. Thanks for all the prayers and please just also pray that the employees and visitors in the park will have open hearts to the ministry that we are bringing (whatever that turns out to be).

No comments:

Post a Comment