Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beginnings of a good summer

I don't have tons of time to write much. Things are going really well. I went to church on Sunday and was introduced to everyone. I have been staying with Melissa and Will Cooper so far. They are great and have been incredibly hospitable. We all watched Lost together Sunday night and if you are a Lost fan and didn't cry then you don't have a heart. I would say more, but I will wait until later in the summer after I re-watch it hopefully with a certain person. All I can say is that I loved it and it satisfied 6 years of commitment.

I am probably staying here on property for the first time tonight in my awesome trailer (pictures will have to come later tonight when I get better internet. I have really enjoyed being here. Right now my main goal is to help plan and write curriculum for our Encounters time. I will also play a large role in just coordinating our theme throughout all aspects of teaching and worship (kind of like what my role at Warren Willis was, but with not having to worry about games. After this stuff gets done I hope to focus more on the spiritual development of the staff and counselors.

It is amazing how much God has been working in my life lately. This is exactly the place that I am supposed to be. I miss Durham a lot and my friends there, but am excited to have this opportunity to sort out my calling. Thanks for the prayers you have all been praying. I really appreciate the support.

I need to get some work done, but just wanted to give a quick update.

No comments:

Post a Comment